I love this!
The Cult of Done Manifesto
From Bre Pettis
- There are three states of being. Not knowing, action and completion.
- Accept that everything is a draft. It helps to get it done.
- There is no editing stage.
- Pretending you know what you’re doing is almost the same as knowing what you are doing, so just accept that you know what you’re doing even if you don’t and do it.
- Banish procrastination. If you wait more than a week to get an idea done, abandon it.
- The point of being done is not to finish but to get other things done.
- Once you’re done you can throw it away.
- Laugh at perfection. It’s boring and keeps you from being done.
- People without dirty hands are wrong. Doing something makes you right.
- Failure counts as done. So do mistakes.
- Destruction is a variant of done.
- If you have an idea and publish it on the internet, that counts as a ghost of done.
- Done is the engine of more.
Oh, I really like this.
Three stages of being. I need to remember this.
@ Pearl Isn’t it great? I’m posting a copy up on my office wall as we speak. No procrastinating.
That is strange finding Kio that way. It’s like Kevin Bacon for the internet!
I don’t know if I could pull off #5. If I banished procrastination, I might just become a void of nothingness. (echo echo)
But what great things might be kept at bay! It would be interesting to see what comes to replace it.
Why I might just become a productive member of society and really – who wants that?