- you forget that it’s garbage day and you just cleaned out the fridge, so now you not only have a full garbage can for an extra week, but really smelly garbage.
- you don’t want to.
- you lose things that normally don’t get lost (like my hardcover edition of Samuel Marchbanks that I got for a mere $8.99. How could that vanish?)
- you’re not invited.
- you forget why you went upstairs. That’s a lot of work to have to go back downstairs to the place where you had the thought in the first place. Why is it that thoughts are sometimes not transportable?
- you feel like you’re doing it all wrong.
- you write a brilliant post and no one comments.
- your feet hurt and it’s still an hour before you can get off of them.
- there’s nothing that anybody wants to eat in the fridge.
- you can’t remember that word.
- that problem is still a problem.
- you discover you’ve been Facebooking for an hour for no good reason. (I just used Facebook as a verb! The apocalypse is nigh! How ironic that a verb is an action word when Facebooking is a way of indicating inaction.)
- you get tomato sauce on a white shirt.
- all the clothes that you want to wear are in the laundry. And you didn’t do the laundry because you were Facebooking.
- you realize you can’t get it all done.
- you don’t have the answers.
- it rains on the last long weekend of the summer.
WELCOME TO MY PRECARIOUSLY BALANCED UNIVERSE…...in which I ask important questions like "If I'm the centre of the universe, why don't I get my way more often?" and "What if the laws of the universe are merely suggestions?" and of course the key questions, "Have you subscribed? How will I know you like me if you don't?"
Join 28 other subscribers
Comets of Comments
- Aliens and uncharted planets (88)
- Autumnal Equinox (12)
- Big Bang (41)
- celestial beings (13)
- Comets of Kindness (4)
- Dark side of the Moon (8)
- Eclipse (6)
- Gravity (16)
- Leaves (30)
- Little Bang (11)
- Meteor Shower (4)
- Minor notes in the celestial chord (62)
- Moon (3)
- Mothership (70)
- Observatory (160)
- Performance (1)
- Rainbows (7)
- Star Catalogue (35)
- Stardust (51)
- summer solstice (15)
- Sun (98)
- Twilight (6)
- Uncategorized (6)
- Vernal Equinox (17)
- Winter Solstice (15)
- Wonderment (13)